For full job description, please visit https://www.smcsc.edu/jobs/assistant-librarian-reference-instruction-services/. The Assistant Librarian for Reference/Instruction Services plans, coordinates, and delivers formal library instruction across all academic disciplines; provides impromptu face-to-face, phone, and virtual reference services for College students, faculty, and staff; and assists with collection development for both print and electronic resources. This position is responsible for operations and security of the library during evening and Sunday hours. This position is also responsible for day to day maintenance of the library webpage, creation of online instructional tools, and assists in maintaining monthly/annual statistics for reporting.
Education: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
• Due to the rapidly changing environment of the information world, the successful candidate will need to be flexible, willing to explore new areas and learn new skills, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body.
• A thorough understanding of the principles of librarianship as they relate to all aspects of an academic library.
• Education or experience providing library reference assistance, either in-person and/or virtual.
• Education or experience providing library and/or information literacy instruction, either in-person and/or virtual, and/or teaching experience in a closely related field.
• Experience creating online guides and instructional tools, including using Lib Guides.
• A knowledge of computers, computer software, and computer applications in a library and in the teaching/learning environment.
Interested persons must send a letter of application, resume and a list of three references, or the SMC Application, to: Director of Human Resources, Spartanburg Methodist College, 1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301. Application materials may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately. AA/EOE