· Issues borrower's identification card according to established procedures.
· Drives bookmobile to specified locations following library services schedule and to garage for preventive maintenance and repairs.
· Issues books to patrons and records or scans information on borrower's card.
· Sorts books, publications, and other items according to procedure and returns them to shelves.
· Locates library materials for patrons. Requests materials from library system for bookmobile patrons.
· Answers routine inquiries and refers patrons who need professional assistance to librarian.
· Delivers and retrieves items to and from departments by hand or push cart.
· Inspects returned books for damage, verifies due-date, and computes and receives overdue fines.
Must have a high school diploma, a valid SC Drivers License, a good driving record, good public service skills, and basic computer knowledge and skills.
This is a full time, permanent, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of the Library.
To apply, complete an application (available online at ahjlibrary.org) and submit to Patty Still at AHJ Regional via email at: email@example.com or by mail at: Post Office Box 280, 297 Main Street N., Allendale, SC 29810
Applications must be submitted by September 1, 2019
For further information, please contact Patty Still at the AHJ Regional office in Allendale or call 803-584-3513.