Richland Library is seeking to hire a dependable, organized and motivated intern to assist and perform grant-related tasks under guidance. Under guidance of the Social Work Outreach Program Coordinator and the Community Outreach Manager, the Certified Navigator will assist Richland Library’s education and enrollment activities related to the Affordable Care Act. Work hours will vary, totaling approximately 20 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
This is a temporary position with an appointment of up to 20 weeks.
If hired for this temporary, grant-funded position you will be required to attend and pass the Navigator training (approximately 30 hours of online training). Here are some of the things you would be doing if serving in this position: * Working one-on-one with clients and help them apply for and understand health insurance.
* Participating in community health and vendor fairs.
* Providing alternative health care options for clients who are unable to use the Marketplace.
* Leading educational sessions on the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid and how to use health insurance.
* Attending and passing the Navigator training (approximately 30 hours of online training).
* Logging clients’ interactions into a case management software system in a timely manner.
* Conducting public education activities to raise awareness of the impact and options of the Affordable Care Act and the basic of health coverage.
* Distributing fair and impartial information about the Affordable Care Act, qualified health plans, and Medicaid.
* Facilitating enrollment in qualified health plans, if appropriate and requested.
* Maintaining expertise in Affordable Care Act eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications.
* Complying with all federal, state, and Richland Library privacy and security standards.
* Working with Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, and mobile technologies.
* Providing clerical support for the Social Work Outreach Program Coordinator.
* Making referrals to any applicable community or government offices.
* Assisting with event planning for outreach activities.
Please visit our website at www.richlandlibrary.com/careers for further information.
* High school graduation.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and mobile technology, including iPads.
* Ability to perform job functions and to work regular schedule of hours as negotiated.
* Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
* Must be able to pass a background check (SC SLED and SC DSS).
APPLY IMMEDIATELY at https://rcpl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx. This position will be filled as soon as possible. Open until filled. Applicants will be notified by email once the position is filled. Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. All applicants must submit an online employment application using our online system. In addition to the online application, you may also attach your resume and/or cover letter; but the resume and/or cover letter will not be acceptable as an alternative to completing the online application fully. (Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.)