Clemson University Libraries seek an experienced, service-oriented, innovative and collaborative librarian to support the Technical Services and Collection Management (TSCM) Unit in its work.
The Continuing Resources and Government Information Management Librarian will be primarily responsible for the acquisitions, activation, and cataloging of electronic serials, and the cataloging of databases. This position will also provide serials management knowledge for the Libraries in a variety of print serials collection management projects and supervision for members of the Continuing Resources and Government Information Management Team who are responsible for the acquisitions and cataloging of print and electronic serials for the general library collection and the acquisitions, cataloging, and collection management of government documents resources. This person will also be responsible for troubleshooting electronic journals access issues. ExLibris’ Alma and Primo are used for these and all other TSCM operations. The successful candidate will also collaborate closely with TSCM’s Electronic Resources Team and the Federal Documents depository coordinator in the Information & Research Services Unit. This is a 12-month tenure track library faculty position and works under the direction of the Associate Dean, Technical Services and Collection Management.
Clemson Libraries provides a unique opportunity to the right individual. As a relatively young R1 library, we are in the process of redefining ourselves, engaged in discussions with students and faculty to determine what programs and services should be created or expanded. Currently we are focusing on expanding digital literacy efforts and developing new and innovative programs to support graduate students and faculty, all in the context of equity, diversity and inclusion. We have completed a master plan to renovate the building to provide welcoming, technology enhanced spaces. Lastly, we are engaged in a reorganization to better align ourselves to meet these goals, allowing us to add expertise in areas of need. We aspire to be one of the best research libraries in the country.
Salary and Benefits
Faculty rank and a minimum salary of $61,000 based on the successful candidate's qualifications and experience. Various medical plans, dental plans, and retirement plans are available. 18 days annual leave, 15 days sick leave, 13 paid holidays, and liberal professional development leave are provided. Library faculty receive an individual stipend for travel or other professional development activity.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree in librarianship.
- At least one year of full-time professional experience, or three years paraprofessional experience, providing electronic serials management services and/or electronic serials acquisitions or cataloging services in a research library.
- At least one year professional experience or three years paraprofessional experience providing print serials management services in a research library, including demonstrated knowledge of serials holdings records and holdings statements.
- Experience working with serials acquisitions and cataloging in a library services platform/discovery system.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and respect in the workplace.
- At least one year’s experience in the management of government documents technical services operations.
- Experience working with the Alma/Primo library services platform/discovery system.
- Experience supervising others, particularly in training employees.
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly to stakeholders and persons outside the unit or Libraries.
Applicants should submit all applications and related materials via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/85097 Required materials include a cover letter, professional curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references. Review of materials will begin immediately. Applications received by April 16, 2021 will be guaranteed first consideration.