Located 25 miles from the downtown library, Richland Library Eastover serves the residents of Lower Richland area with resources, services and expert assistance in a broad range of areas. We are seeking someone who has a good knowledge of security procedures, safety principles and practices. This individual enjoys assisting others while ensuring the safety of all library customers. The ideal candidate for this position has two years of recent security or law enforcement experience, communicates well with a widely diverse community and wants to be part of an enthusiastic staff committed to quality customer experiences.
About Richland Library:
- Richland Library is a vibrant, contemporary organization that provides resources and information that advance the Midlands. Offering state-of-the-art technology, a variety of literary and cultural programs and 11 bustling facilities located throughout the county, Richland Library offers a truly customizable, modern library experience for residents and visitors alike.
- Our exceptional, diverse staff are passionate about serving our community. Become a part of our team and help change the way our customers work, play, create, and communicate.
- We are guided by our shared Vision: “to enhance the quality of life for our entire community”; and by strategic objectives including advancing our community, having an engaged staff who make a significant positive difference, and enhancing the experience and outcomes of customers who interact with us.
Richland Library Eastover
$975.00 biweekly, plus benefits
Essential Job Functions:
- Patrolling all interior & exterior grounds to protect premises, property, & equipment; moving constantly & quickly between areas as appropriate; grounds include all areas of Richland Library Eastover & all exterior areas controlled by library, including parking areas, walks, landscape, & vehicles; exterior work involves a wide range of climate, including extremes of climate; “move constantly” entails primarily walking but also frequent stooping, bending, reaching, & stairs.
- Carefully observing all unusual activities & behavior on library property, & responding appropriately; “observing” requires mobility, & adequate sight & hearing; “responding” involves decision-making, judgment, & knowledge of policies & procedures.
- Responding to fire and burglar alarms after hours, when informed by alarm company, police, or supervisor; requiring immediately available, reliable transportation to the necessary locations.
- Assisting customers & staff in emergency situations relating to security & safety; physical exertion, lifting, carrying, grasping, stooping, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, seeing, hearing.
- Interpreting, communicating, and enforcing library policies, procedures, & rules to customers, security workers, & other staff.
- Communicating information related to safety, security, and library-general information; present a positive image of library to general public; speaking, hearing, judgment, tact, knowledge, job ability, & appropriate professional appearance.
- Dealing effectively & appropriately with disorderly customers whenever necessary, including, as needed: effectively correcting them, removing them, preventing harm to property or persons, & notifying law enforcement as appropriate; knowledge of policy & procedure; physical exertion, lifting, carrying, grasping, reaching, pulling, pushing, balancing, good judgment, & tact.
- Maintaining appropriate security reports & records.
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives.
- Assisting customers with equipment, materials, procedures, and information.
- Acting to find and promote efficiencies, including working to help ensure correct location and condition of items and materials so that customers receive materials and services they desire.
- Contributing effectively to understanding and maintaining the system for organizing and moving materials through the system.
- Assisting with adult and children’s programming.
- Supporting the needs of the library, including completion of opening and closing procedures; maintaining supplies, statistics and cash reconciliations; cleaning, checking, and trouble-shooting equipment; shelving materials and sustaining the library’s collection.
Please refer to vacancy notice at www.richlandlibrary.com/careers for further details.
- At least two years of post high school education from an accredited college or university. Transcripts must be provided upon hire.
- At least two years of recent experience in security.
- At least one year clerical, customer service, or other relevant work experience; equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Preference may be given to relevant experience within a service industry.
- Excellent communication and technical skills, including a good understanding of technology.
- No record of conviction for criminal offense. Must be able to pass a background check (SC SLED).
- Drug free.
- Valid Driver’s License, safe driving record and dependable transportation to any location as assigned.
- Additional skills as required by job.
- Ability to perform all job duties.
APPLY IMMEDIATELY @ https://rcpl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities
No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications are being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. All applicants must submit an online employment application using our online system. In addition to the online application, you may also attach your resume and/or cover letter; but the resume and/or cover letter will not be acceptable as an alternative to completing the online application fully. Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.