The Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian will be an active member of the campus community which includes being widely available for student help, developing student support programs, and serving on institutional committees.
The Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian will ensure online access to library resources via Open Athens, work with PASCAL and the shared library system (Alma/Primo from Ex Libris), and aid the College’s online programs.
• Administers all aspects of the shared library services platform (Alma/Primo from Ex Libris)
• Administers access to databases, journal collections, and other electronic resources using Open Athens
• Provides technical support and resolves problems with electronic resources and services
• Provides training and information to library staff to facilitate optimal use of electronic resources and services, as well as the SLSP
• Compiles statistics for the library’s electronic resources and services annually and by request
• Investigates and, in consultation with the Library Director, implements additional functionality and enhancements to the library’s electronic resources, online services, and SLSP
• Supports the College’s online programs (outreach, instruction, research assistance, etc.)
• Collaborates with Public Services Librarian to maintain social media accounts
• Creates content for and maintains the library’s website
• Collaborates with Library Director and Public Services Librarian on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
• Collaborates with Library Director and Public Services Librarian on open educational resources projects
• Serves on Faculty Committees
• Collaborates with other Academic Affairs units
• Other tasks as assigned by the Library Director
A master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited university is required. Experience with Alma Primo and Open Athens desired.
Review of applications will continue until position is filled. Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. Electronic application materials (preferred) sent directly from the degree-granting institution(s) should be emailed to Associate Dean Dr Christina Wendland at email@example.com
Please include “Electronic Resources/Outreach Librarian” in the subject line.