Richland Library is seeking applicants interested in employment in the library’s group of “Floater Associate” staff. Previously called “Substitutes”, these jobs require the ability to meet and engage with all kinds of people as library customers. The job we are filling will require someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, and prompt in getting to work on a continuing basis with varying hours, schedules, and locations. Varying work schedules will depend on the needs of the Library. There is a required minimum of work hours per week, though schedules are flexible.
The number of hires to be selected from the present notice will depend on the needs of the library at the time. Here are some of the things you would be doing if hired for this Floater Association position:
- Performing circulation procedures correctly; receiving and processing payments and materials
- Answering directional and informational questions about the Library, including its services, materials, programs, and initiatives
- Recommending, selecting, & helping locate materials/services for customers
- Demonstrating ability to learn quickly and to easily apply new skills and knowledge, including technology and procedures
- Assisting with programs
- High school graduate. Preference given for college graduate
- At least one year of relevant work experience involving customer service--preference may be given to applicants with successful experience in retail work, food and beverage service, or similar backgrounds, which would require customer service skills and knowledge
- Physical abilities (to lift, bend, squat, pull loaded book bin, print legibly, stand continuously, and walk around) as needed to perform the duties of the job
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Availability of reliable transportation for work hours/locations
- Flexibility in regard to schedules, total hours, and locations
APPLY IMMEDIATELY at https://rcpl.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities. No deadline is presently established for this Vacancy. Applications being accepted now. When a deadline is determined, the deadline will be announced 24 hours in advance on the Library’s website. That announcement can occur any time.
Please do not send your resume/cover letter separately; only materials submitted through our online system are reviewed. All applicants must submit an online employment application using our online system. In addition to the online application, you may also attach your resume and/or cover letter within the online system; but the resume and/or cover letter will not be acceptable as an alternative to completing the online application fully. (Keep in mind that if you are applying for multiple positions, you will need to submit an application for each position.)