ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of duties, including managing the day to day operations of a library branch.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates the staff, creates a cohesive team that provides excellent customer service and coordinates the services of circulation, reference and readers' advisory.
- Performs collection development and evaluation and provides timely and telling narrative and statistical reports to the administration.
- Serves as a community liaison with the Schools, residents and civic clubs and organizations in and around the surrounding areas.
- Serves as a member of the library system's management team.
- Represents the library system at professional conferences.
- Performs outreach and collaborates with other agencies.
- Develops programs and activities.
- Provides support to other departments and frontline staff.
- Coordinates and participates in outreach opportunities.
- Attends training, webinars and readings.
- Orders and stocks materials and weeds collection.
- Trains staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science;
- Four (4) years of library experience;
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license for South Carolina with safe driving record.
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of personal computer experience including Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of technology trends and understanding their role in providing library services and resources.
- Knowledge of automated library systems software.
- Ability to display a demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to prepare purchase orders.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
- Ability to manage grant funds.
- Ability to make budget recommendations and manage the budget.