Position: 64878 (LIBRARIAN III)
Job Family: CIVIC ENGAGEMENT & OUTREACH
Job Class: LEAD LIBRARIAN
LEAD LIBRARIAN (Technical Services Coordinator): Under minimal supervision and exercising professional judgement, serves as coordinator and team leader of the Technical Services Department. Responsible for centralized ordering, processing and inputting correct data for all library materials for five library branches. Coordinates and performs all relevant duties of the department including employee management, developing policies and procedures manuals. Responsible for managing, inputting, tracking and monitoring county budgets, gifts for materials and fund balances.
- MLIS from an ALA accredited library school
- Two (2) years professional library and cataloging experience preferred
- One (1) year experience in accounting and acquisitions. Knowledge of accepted business accounting practices
- Eligibility for South Carolina Public Library certification
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY: $53,955.20 annually
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.