Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
An employee in this position develops, coordinates and presents training and development for library staff that ensures a high level of competency in the delivery of customer service. Assesses and evaluates effectiveness of training. Oversees the training of staff in all skills and competencies as it relates to library services. Creates instructional videos for library staff in consultation with senior staff and regularly updates the library's training portal – including training documents, videos, checklists, and staff development plan. Ensures that competencies are reflective of changing service needs in the library. Works with Library HR to ensure training checklists and methods of training are accurate and accessible. Facilitates and encourages the exploration of innovation in services and programs. Participates in councils and meetings to communicate and seek input on training issues.
- Leads, develops, directs, coordinates, supports and evaluates staff training activities at all library facilities through team development.
- Oversees the training of staff in all skills and competencies as it relates to library services.
- Ensures that competencies are reflective of changing service needs in the library.
- Works with Library HR to ensure training checklists and methods of training are accurate and accessible.
- Maintains calendars of training and facilitates registration.
- Evaluates effectiveness of training methods and materials by surveying staff regularly on training needs.
- Documents staff participation in training, tracks statistics and reports on effectiveness of training.
- Reports on staff training monthly and annually at Trustee meeting.
- Oversees some training and travel allocation under the direction of the Deputy Director.
- Communicates funding availability, helps select attendees, and facilitates arrangements for conferences.
- Communicates with the Business Manager to ensure tracking of training funds
- Coordinates module presentations for New Staff Orientation, Security Training, biannual Staff Development Days and other regular system training.
- Keeps staff up to date on emerging technology, library trends and the services impact to the community.
- Facilitates training system-wide.
- Directs Librarian II's (IS and YS) in maintaining a high level of service through training, reference surveys and accountability measures.
- Assesses topics requested by the public and ensures staff access to reference materials.
- Works closely with the Division Managers to develop competencies and to provide training opportunities for all staff.
- Ensures that all staff are provided training opportunities directly related to the technology competencies.
- Ensures the development of materials for technology classes for standardization and efficiency.
- Participates in the assessment of the Book-a-Librarian service; develops training to support the changing needs of customers requesting the service.
- Regularly works service desks at various locations.
- Facilitates and encourages the exploration of innovation in services and programs.
- Supports the Division Manager for Collection Development and Technology in leading the work of the Innovation and eResources Team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master of Education, Instructional Design, Library Science, or other related field and three (3) years of training/educating adult learners.
Management Preference: Public Library experience preferred.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ms. Reesa Eastman at (910) 323-6101, or e-mail: email@example.com or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7653; Library website: http://www.cumberland.lib.nc.us/ccplsite/content/employment-opportunities.