Responsible for providing innovative reference, information and readers’ advisory services in-person and online. Provides individualized research consultation. Identifies, evaluates, integrates and provides instruction of print and electronic information resources and new technologies. Provides outreach and service to the community. Develops, implements and evaluates adult programming for a diverse community both inside and outside of the library.
• MLS from an ALA accredited school
• Public library experience working in a reference/information services position preferred
• Must be eligible for South Carolina State Library certification
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must be dependable, motivated and customer services oriented
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY: $47,673.60 annually
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis screening for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation. Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.