CONDITIONS: Driving is an essential function of this position. To be considered, you must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record. If your driver’s license is from another state, you will be required to obtain and show proof of a valid NC driver’s license within 60 days of hire.
Negative drug screen and background check are required.
If selected for the position, a formal transcript will be required within 30 days of hire.
DUTIES: This position leads the Spring Lake Community Branch and is responsible for hiring, supervising, training, evaluating, and scheduling subordinate supervisors and branch staff to ensure customers are given efficient, prompt, and competent assistance and pleasant working conditions are maintained. Oversees all branch services and operations in accordance with policy and procedures, including Information Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services, and Paging.
• Hires, supervises, trains, evaluates, and schedules branch staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed and library goals are met.
• Oversees all branch services including Information Services, Youth Services, Circulation Services and Paging. Conducts regular staff meetings and ensures communication between departments and individuals.
• Purges the collection of obsolete and/or worn materials. Reviews branch purchase requests from customers and reviews customer donations to determine which material is added to collection.
• Identifies characteristics of the branch service area in order to recommend materials and to plan and present needed programs, services, and community outreach activities; in response to the changing needs of the community.
• Participates in Public Service Managers’ and other managerial meetings monthly. Keeps staff informed of system wide initiatives; promotes library trends and new technologies to branch staff
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Library Science and three (3) years of professional public library experience to include one (1) year of supervisory experience in a public library.
Trainee candidates must have at least 30 months (2 ½ years) experience as a MLS professional librarian in a public library and six months of library supervisory experience
Experience as a trainer preferred
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cumberlandcountync/default.cfm
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Trina Whitfield (910) 323-6100 email@example.com
or the Cumberland County Human Resources Department at (910) 678-7655;
Library website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/library-group/library