DEPUTY DIRECTOR – BEAUFORT COUNTY LIBRARIES: Assists Director of Libraries in planning, directing, managing and overseeing the activities and operations of the Beaufort County Public Library System including being responsible for facilitating the development of strategic planning and community development as it relates to the public library system. Develops grant proposals, submits monitors and administers approved grants. Recommends and administers policies and procedures Serves as Director in his/her absence.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA accredited school
- Five (5) years professional library experience in a t least one public service area (circulation, children, reference).
- Three (3) years progressive management and supervisory experience
- Eligibility for South Carolina Public Library Certification
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY: $62,608.00 annually
All applicants tentatively selected for a position with Beaufort County Council will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for the illegal use of drugs and to a background check prior to appointment. Employment is contingent upon clearing both the drug screening and background investigation.
Beaufort County is an Equal Opportunity Employer