Anderson County Library is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Head of Information Technology.
Reporting to the Library Director, this position plans, coordinates and administers the day to day IT and telecom operations of the Library System by providing both IT security and end user support for 9 locations in Anderson County, South Carolina.
As a library department head, the successful candidate for this position will have a demonstrated work history in client-based hardware/software/server support. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, installing and maintaining all current and future library computer and telecommunications hardware/software.
- Procuring and purchasing computer, network, and telecommunications hardware/software.
- Providing help desk support to both library staff and patrons.
- Supervision/development of IT Technologist.
- Providing client-based IT solutions for Library departments.
- Availability nights/weekends as needed for system maintenance.
- Degree in computer science with an emphasis on management of Information Technology departments.
- Ability to plan and organize works loads, set priorities, manage multiple projects.
- Certification in Microsoft Support, Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, DNS, DCHP.
- 2 years professional/supervisory IT experience - preferably in public library or public administration support.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, employees, system personnel and vendors.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
Send an Anderson County Library application (http://www.andersonlibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Anderson-County-Library-Employment-Application.pdf ) and a resume with three professional references (which include name, address, telephone and e-mail contact information) to Robert Peirce, Human Resources, Anderson County Library, 300 N. McDuffie Street, Anderson, SC 29621 or email@example.com Reference and background check will be conducted. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed in lieu of a completed ACL application to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.