The Outreach Manager oversees the operation of the outreach efforts across the system, including the operation of the bookmobile, supervising a staff of three paraprofessionals. One of the primary responsibilities of the Outreach Manager is to increase the reach into vulnerable populations as described in the Charleston County Public Library Strategic Vision.
Essential functions of the job include but are not limited to:
• Implementing the strategic plan in outreach efforts
• Establishes departmental goals and objectives in accordance with CCPL Strategic Vision
• Identifies target populations to be served by the department
• Develops outcomes for target populations based on community needs assessment and input from populations to be served
• Designs, delivers, and evaluates outcome-based programs and services off-site
• Coordinates CCPL's involvement with area festivals and other community events, including helping to plan activities and scheduling volunteers
• Collaborates with community organizations, individuals, and CCPL staff
• Initiating and developing community partnerships that will enhance and support the Library’s mission and goals
• Gathers data and statistics, writes reports, and gives presentations
• Establishes criteria for bookmobile stops; plans and regularly reevaluates routes to ensure equitable service delivery
• Responsibly manages departmental budget
• Fosters a culture of innovation, openness, inclusion, and exceptional customer service
• Supervision of Outreach staff
• Management of Bookmobile including everyday operations and incorporating strategic planning and community needs assessment results into creation and sustainability of the Bookmobile schedule and location stops
The Outreach Manager will supervise Outreach staff members in the delivery of Library collections, materials, programs and services to outreach sites and community events. This position will report directly to the Programming Manager
Hiring Salary Range: $46,945.60 - $52,873.60 annually depending on qualifications.
REQUIREMENTS: ALA-accredited Master of Library Science degree and two (2) years post MLS/MLIS experience to include one (1) years supervisory. Prefer public library experience. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with the ability to learn and use new methods, policies, and technical advances. Must use tact, courtesy and good judgment when communicating with co-workers and the public. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends. Must have stamina for periods of walking, standing, reaching, and bending. Must be able to lift library materials including books, AV equipment, program materials, and maneuver loaded book carts weighing approximately 50 to 100 pounds. Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
Eligible for or hold South Carolina State Library certification.
Please go to Charleston County Public Library’s website career page at https://www.ccpl.org/careers and fill out an on-line application. Be sure to upload a cover letter and resume, when prompted in the application, and include the specific position for which you wish to apply.