The tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work of the class as necessary.
- Assists the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs routine library and general clerical work in assigned service or administrative area of the County Library.
- Assists with digital archive efforts to expand library system’s digital archive collections. Accessions, preserves, digitizes, and catalogs the library system’s Historical and Special Collections
- Assists in auditing digital files and moving digitized records from Flickr to CONTENTdm database
- Assists with policy, procedure, and workflow development pertaining to digitization of historical records.
- Assists with training volunteers and interns in Special Collections and Archives.
- Works with Library System’s PR and Media Specialist to promote digital archive collection
- Manages special digitization projects in collaboration with other organizations and historical collections
- Answers the telephone; provides accurate information as requested and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff person; takes messages as necessary.
- Receives and responds to public inquiries, requests for assistance and complaints in areas of responsibility.
- Keeps supervisor informed of all issues and concerns encountered.
- Assists co-workers with duties as required.
- Attends continuing education classes, meetings and/or workshops to maintain and enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
20 hours/week. $14/hour.
VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL PREPARATION: Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: Must possess valid state driver’s license.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires over one year and up to and including two years.
For full position description and application instructions, visit https://www.co.pickens.sc.us/freeform_jobposting_detail_T11_R40.php.