We have a great career opportunity available for a Discus Customer Support Specialist in our Columbia, South Carolina headquarters.
Under the general supervision of the Electronic Resources Director, this position performs duties to support the department, individuals, and institutions in effectively using the State Library’s electronic resources in Discus – South Carolina’s Virtual Library. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to apply analytical and problem-solving techniques to technical issues to achieve a satisfactory resolution, handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact, gauge the customer’s technical ability and communicate with them appropriately. The will need the ability to conduct online research using the internet and be able to learn and support new and changing technologies.
- Serve as the initial point of contact in investigating and resolving technical issues, such as access to and functionality of electronic resources.
- Maintain information on participating institutions in the agency tracking system.
- Communicate via phone and email with user communities and vendor partners to ensure requested changes are completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Conduct annual institutional update project by sending relevant documentation, notifying vendors of new participants, completing records set-up, and updating listservs, mailing lists, and newsletters.
- Distribute and monitor supplies of promotional materials, assist with coordination of the annual promotional kit project, and prepare promotional materials for the Training Coordinator to use in trainings and exhibits.
- Maintain a Discus social media and online presence by creating and posting appropriate and relevant content to Discus Facebook, and Twitter using automated scheduler.
- With the guidance and approval of the Electronic Resources Director, add to existing content and research appropriate new and interesting information pertinent to the study of SC through StudySC.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- A high school diploma and relevant program experience. A bachelor’s degree may be substituted for the required program experience.
- Two (2) years of customer support experience.
- Knowledge of Help Desk technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be detail oriented, able to demonstrate strong organizational skills, and able to work in a team environment.
Work takes place in an office environment. Ability to retrieve materials and to participate in occasional shifting of materials is essential. Limited day travel may be required.
SCSL is committed to providing our employees with a collaborative and inclusive work environment that provides challenging work, personal and professional growth, and a work/life balance.
In addition to all the great perks we’ve already shared, we also offer:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Retirement, and more
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 15 days of sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Team Building Activities – We believe in growing together
Don’t miss this great opportunity to take your career to the next level! Apply today.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, including pregnancy and childbirth (or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc