The Ida Jane Dacus Library at Winthrop University seeks a collaborative, innovative, and forward-thinking individual to become our new Affordable Learning & Student Success Librarian. The ideal candidate is looking to further their skills in outreach, affordable learning initiatives, assessment, and library instruction; share the Libraries’ commitment to student success; and work successfully in a collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Research and User Services Coordinator, the Affordable Learning & Student Success Librarian will lead and promote Open Access and Open Educational Resources initiatives to the Winthrop University community; identify, implement, and promote creative events and programs that encourage student communities in the library’s spaces; and build connections between library faculty and students within the student lifecycle.
Hiring Salary Range: $46,000 - 48,619
We are actively accepting applications for this position and will continue to do so until the position is successfully filled. Please refer to the full announcement for details: https://apply.interfolio.com/118367
• ALA-accredited MLS/MLIS degree (must be completed by the time of hire).
• Excellent analytical, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Commitment to cultivating a diverse educational environment and workplace and an ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
• Experience providing library instruction and engagement services for undergraduate student populations.
• Experience or education in creating and applying online instructional materials, promoting and applying Affordable Learning and Open Educational Resource (OER) initiatives, and implementing assessment tools and techniques.
• Working knowledge of open access trends in education and/or resource affordability.
Apply online: https://apply.interfolio.com/118367