SALARY: $39,885.07 Annually
POSITION OVERVIEW: The FTCC Librarian I Liaison is funded by FTCC through contractual agreement and works at the Spring Lake Branch Library. Additionally, this librarian works the adult reference desk and performs related tasks in support of the Spring Lake Branch Library and its customers.
• Assists customers, including FTCC students, in obtaining general, detailed, and research information from a variety of print and electronic resources in person, via computer, and by telephone. Provides in-depth reader’s advisory services
• Orients and instructs FTCC students and the public in the use of print and electronic resources. Assists FTCC students and the public in the use of the library catalog and other resource hardware and software
• Plans, coordinates and conducts library programs as assigned on various general topics of public interest inside and outside the library reflecting the resources and services of the Spring Lake Branch. Plans, coordinates and conducts programs directed at FTCC students
• Participates in the selection of print, audiovisual and electronic materials of mutual benefit to FTCC students and the general public. Monitors the materials budget supplied by FTCC for that purpose. Periodically weeds FTCC materials and assists in Branch collection maintenance
• Delivers incoming FTCC student library orientations to introduce information literacy and library services. Records statistics related to orientations and classroom
CONDITIONS: Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree in library science is required.
Trainee applicants must have completed at least 75% of required course work towards an MLS and submit a letter from the dean of the library school that states the number of credit hours already obtained and that the candidate can complete all master’s degree requirements within twelve months.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync?keywords=librarian%20
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
Inquiries about this job posting may be directed to Amanda Turnmire, Cumberland County Human Resources at email@example.com