Community Navigator POS#117000260
SALARY: $50,684.29 annually
Are you an energetic, team-orientated individual with a strong public service devotion? Join our extraordinary team as a Community Navigator. You will be providing professional social work services, implementing community-centered services and events that are responsive to the existing and emergent needs of the community, including resource guidance, basic counseling, referral for services, and intervention for residents and visitors of all ages who are experiencing social services related needs. Navigates complex social service and human service systems to improve education, empowerment, and positive outcomes.
• Assesses needs of individuals and families to address social services related concerns including but not limited to housing, food, education, employment, childcare, child development, substance abuse and access to medical/mental health services
• Provides or facilitates crisis intervention for individuals and families who have immediate needs for resources
• Identifies available community resources; connects, builds, and maintains collaborative relationships with agencies, organizations, and support groups
• Coordinates and conducts training for library staff to enhance understanding of social services related issues and trauma informed service
• Collects and maintains data to generate outcomes; analyzes outcomes to determine if program goals are being met
• Serves on community boards and committees as relevant
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in social work or counseling and three (3) years of relevant human services experience in the areas of resource management/referral, assessment and referral, supportive counseling, intervention, psychosocial therapy, and treatment planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in languages other than English. Certified Social Worker in the State of North Carolina or Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor.
**To be considered for this position you must attach a cover letter and resume to your online application**
Selected applicant must have access to transportation and a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of hire. Within 60 days of hire, must obtain and show proof of a valid NC Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed; background check with local law enforcement agency required; and must submit to a drug-screening test and receive a negative result for the use of drugs specified in the county policy. Refusal to submit to testing or a confirmed positive test shall be basis for withdrawal of the conditional employment offer.
We accept on-line applications only. You may complete the application from our website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cumberlandcountync?keywords=library%20
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed county application.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Contact Ebonee Moore-Brantley (910) 678-6100 firstname.lastname@example.org
at the Cumberland County Human Resources Department.
Library website: https://www.cumberlandcountync.gov/departments/library-group/library