Winthrop University seeks a visionary leader to serve as Dean of Ida Jane Dacus Library and the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections. The Dean serves as chief academic and administrative officer of the library and archives, overseeing library faculty and staff members. The Dean reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, sits as a member of the Academic Leadership Council, and supports the University’s mission, vision, and strategic goals as a public, regional, comprehensive institution committed to increasing student success and inclusive excellence. For a full description, please visit https://apply.interfolio.com/129510
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited program and an established record of professional achievement appropriate for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor/Professor.
- A doctorate in a subject field or a second Master’s in a subject area is preferred.
- Five or more years of successful academic library administrative experience with increasing responsibilities. Experience at or above the department chair level is preferred.
- Managerial skills and a deep understanding of the operations, disciplines, and goals of academic libraries and university archives. -- Experience managing operations across multiple locations is preferred.
- Experience working with library systems, particularly in a consortium environment.
- Experience in library and archives program development with evidence of innovative collaboration, creative thinking, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience planning, analyzing, and presenting complex library budgets within a university system. Familiarity with activity-based budget modeling and the operation of academic libraries within such models is preferred.
- Commitment to shared governance and transparency, with demonstrated ability to earn the trust and confidence of faculty, students, staff, and administrators.
- Commitment to mentoring and consensus-building with faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to support division heads in managing workflow and personnel in their departments.
- Experience collaborating with members of university leadership on policies, procedures, finances, personnel management, and day-to-day operations.
- Proven track record in cultivating and advocating for a diverse community that fosters equity and inclusion and maintains a respectful work environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diversity in library personnel, services, programs, resources, and in those whom we serve.
Apply through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/129510