JOB TITLE: Community Connections Librarian, Grade 23
LOCATION: Information Services, Headquarters
DATE AVAILABLE: June 1st, 2022
SALARY: 41,310 yearly (Includes generous benefits package)
HOURS: 40 hours per week
Week 1: Monday 9:00-6:00, Tuesday 9:00-6:00, Wednesday 12:15-9:15, Thursday 9:00-6:00, Friday 9:00-6:00
Week 2: Monday 9:00-6:00; Tuesday 9:00-6:00, Wednesday 12:15-9:15, Thursday 9:00-6:00; Friday 9:00-6:00
Week 3: Monday 9:00-6:00, Tuesday 9:00-6:00, Wednesday 12:15-9:15, Thursday 9:00-6:00, Friday off, Saturday 8:45-6:15
Week 4: Sunday 12:55-6:15, Monday off, Tuesday 9:00-6:00, Wednesday 12:15-9:15, Thursday 9:00-6:00, Friday 9:00-6:00
Every 4-6 weeks the librarian will work 12:15-9:15 to close on a Friday night. Other nights or weekends as assigned or necessary.
EDUCATION: MLS/ALA. Must complete pre-employment testing.
• Collaborates with community partners, patrons, and other staff to plan, organize, promote, and present relevant, innovative assistance and programs for patrons
• Oversees assigned special programs or areas of service for the Information Services department
• Tracks and submits program statistics
• Handles financial transactions and assists in preparing bank deposits; may request and complete purchase order requests
• Participates in maintaining an attractive department including maintaining and promoting collections, displays and signage
• Provides superior customer service with information requests, reader’s advisory questions, computers, digital devices, library equipment and maker activities
• Serves as Librarian-in-Charge when assigned
• Remains aware of safety and security issues and takes appropriate action as needed; roves the library to maintain awareness of patron needs and security
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited ALA Library School.
• Comfortable and proficient with technology
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills that display a positive attitude, with the ability to interact with people from all backgrounds and age groups
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Creative, flexible and organized with good time management skills and attention to detail
• Ability to take direction and work independently or in a team environment
• Strong work ethic with a willingness to take initiative
• Proven experience in collaborating with others to provide appropriate programs for the public
• Strong desire to work with the citizens of Spartanburg County to create, connect, and change
• Experience in planning and executing programs for makers of all kinds preferred
• Driver’s license valid in the State of South Carolina with the ability to drive to other libraries
The Library accepts applications when a job position is available. Applications are available at all
checkout desks. Drug Testing is a part of the
Library’s hiring process. If you require any accommodations in applying for any position, please do not
hesitate to ask. The Spartanburg County Public Library is proud to be tobacco free.
• Master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited ALA Library School. Must complete pre-employment testing.
Email Application, Resume and Cover letter to Kayleigh Kehm at firstname.lastname@example.org